- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST has annihilated the quarter mile in firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (email@example.com) and Billy Mitchell's S-10 (6.73@217).
- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST broke through the eighth mile beams with a 4.29@172.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Neal Light's S10 (4.350@164).
- Neal Light's Chevy S10 is the holeshot champ, taking only 1.019 seconds to cross the 60' mark on Slicks.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are mike jones sr.'s s-10 (1.02 on Slicks) and Gary Soulages's Lightning (1.072 on 10.5).
1978 Chevrolet heavy 1/2 ton
This truck is currently ranked 1178th out of 1395
That makes it quicker than 16% of the other trucks here.
Compared to the rest of the DragTruk field, this particular truck is: Taking its sweet time
|Best 1/4 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 1/8 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 60 ft: ||
2.33 on radials
3 spd Auto
LWB, 4520 pounds w/driver, factory 3.08 posi rear,
- '77 350 2 bolt block .030 over
- cast flat tops
- out of the box Vortec heads
- edelbrock performer rpm vortec intake
- 600 edelbrock carb
- 14x4 K&N filter in edelbrock chrome housing
- Summit HEI
- comp cams XE268 cam and kit (224/230@.050 .477/.480 lift)
- Flowtech 1 5/8" headers
- dual 2 1/4" aluminized pipes
- Flowtech Terminator mufflers
- splitfire plugs
- Holley chrome hi-volume fuel pump
- B&M 2000 holeshot convertor
- street/strip 350 turbo trans
- 275/60-15 street radials out back
- aluminum slot mags
- 3.73 gears
- upgraded posi unit
- 750 edelbrock carb
- 2500 stall convertor
This is my sleeper, cruiser, tow vehicle, camping trailer puller, hunting vehicle, farm truck, etc. I originally ran all of the above parts except for a Weiand 8004 dual plane, ported 882 heads (1.94/1.50), and a cam dynamics 266 energizer cam (210/210@.050, .440/.440 lift) when I first built the shortblock...it ran email@example.com mph. My current ET is off quite a bit compared to the mph...too much weight and not enough gear to get this thing out of the hole very fast, but after the 60' mark it pulls hard. With the planned upgrades I should get in the mid 14's easily. I am suprised there isn't more '70's trucks in here...but you have a cool site here anyway. :-)
This entry was last updated on
Friday December 14, 2001 at 3:02 PM EST
This page was last updated on Sun Aug 4 15:57:59 EDT 2013.