- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST has annihilated the quarter mile in firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (email@example.com) and Billy Mitchell's S-10 (6.73@217).
- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST broke through the eighth mile beams with a 4.29@172.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Neal Light's S10 (4.350@164).
- Neal Light's Chevy S10 is the holeshot champ, taking only 1.019 seconds to cross the 60' mark on Slicks.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are mike jones sr.'s s-10 (1.02 on Slicks) and Gary Soulages's Lightning (1.072 on 10.5).
1996 Dodge Dakota
This truck is currently ranked 990th out of 1395
That makes it quicker than 30% of the other trucks here.
Compared to the rest of the DragTruk field, this particular truck is: In no big hurry
|Best 1/4 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 1/8 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 60 ft: ||
2.059 on drag radials
5 spd Manual
1996 Dodge Dakota Club Cab SLT. NV3500 5spd, 2wd, sure grip and 3.55 gears. All available options except front wheel ABS, Mopar bed liner.
- Mopar Performance PCM (aka SBEC, JTEC)
- 180 degree Robert Shaw thermostat
- R&D Performance 3 pc underdriven pullies
- 14x3" open element air cleaner (can by Mr. Gasket, filter by K&N)
- K&N X-stream lid (smashed to pieces on a missed shift - darn manuals!) ;-)
- Gibson 3" cat-back exhaust
- JBA stainless "ram-horn" headers coated by AirBorn Coatings
- ATR 2.5" -> 3" stainless Y pipe
- Exhaust is 3" from the Y pipe back. (when I don't have the cat swapped in)
- F&B Stage II throttle body
- Mopar Performance MPI intake manifold w/Steiger Performance install kit
- Magnecor 8.5mm wires
- Accel brass cap and rotor
- Champion Gold Truck plugs gapped at .035"
- ProGlass ram-air hood
- Homebrew short throw gearshift lever w/Hurst T-handle
- Lakewood Traction Bars
- 235/70 Firestone Firehawk SS/10's
- New tires and rims - 245/60's front, 295/50's rear (have the rims - just waiting for the current tires to wear out)
This truck definitely has more in it... The 14.55@94 run was made
during bracket racing. Afterwards, I did a time trial and ran
a 14.55@90 even though I missed 4th gear. Based on the differences in 60'
times, I calculated that if I hadn't missed 4th, I was on my way to a
14.48. I didn't get a chance to make any other runs though.
About the short time: I realize that's not a great time for drag radials, but I've got a 5 speed and no line lock, so I couldn't keep the truck parked long enough to heat them up... My best 60' time on my normal tires is a 2.08
I actually haven't been to the track in a while - been too busy with other projects - this truck is my daily driver, so I'm probably not going to get as wild with it as I had originally intended, but I'm still planning on making improvements and moving up the list. :-)
This entry was last updated on
Tuesday April 29, 2008 at 8:02 PM EDT
This page was last updated on Sun Aug 4 15:57:49 EDT 2013.