- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST has annihilated the quarter mile in firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (email@example.com) and Billy Mitchell's S-10 (6.73@217).
- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST broke through the eighth mile beams with a 4.29@172.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Neal Light's S10 (4.350@164).
- Neal Light's Chevy S10 is the holeshot champ, taking only 1.019 seconds to cross the 60' mark on Slicks.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are mike jones sr.'s s-10 (1.02 on Slicks) and Gary Soulages's Lightning (1.072 on 10.5).
1992 Dodge Dakota
This truck is currently ranked 602th out of 1395
That makes it quicker than 57% of the other trucks here.
Compared to the rest of the DragTruk field, this particular truck is: Above average
|Best 1/4 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 1/8 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 60 ft: ||
1.9 on radials
4 spd Auto
White, two wheel drive, 3.90 rear, shortbed, a/c, p/w, p/l, 80,000miles when bought in 1997.
- Vortech Supercharger
- MP-headers(tri-y design)
- MP-shift kit
- aftermarket sway-bars
- K+N filter
- self ported and polished heads(with MP porting templates)
- throtle-body ain foil
- self made adj. fuel pressure reg.
- MSD 6-btm and blaster 3
- booster fuel pump
- (some mods. are for Vortech super-chger kit)
- 30# injectors
- custom computer programing
The truck originally ran 14.90 @ 91 mph with just MP-computer,gibson 3" cat back exh., MP-shift kit, K+N filter in stock housing,with tonaeu cover installed, and 70,000 miles on the clock. It now has 90,000 on it and I ported the heads, intake, and installed MP-headers. With a cap installed it ran 14.90 @ 93 mph.I am in the process of installing a vortech super-charger.
I finally installed the vortech super charger. I only ran the truck on my vericom just
to get a base line e-t.I still have to install valve springs, rockers, push rods, cap rotor
wires, and 24# inj. and go to the track.
My last trip to the track was a disaster. I made about 10 passes, on the
last pass the
boost retard line, and the FMU line blew off under boost, and subsequently the
and blew bolth head gaskets, also cracking 1-cyl head. After a 150$ tow home, and
many labor hours, the truck is still apart. This was an expensive lesson learned
to run a dedicated vacume line, and have it clamped tightly. I have never run a
boosted app. before, and no one (including Vortech, or the place I purchased
the unit from)(Magnum-perf.) told me to be careful that something like ths could happen.
Update:Spring 2001 new 5.9 short-block, much milder heads, 19#inj., and everything else the same, truck has much more torque than before. update 7/1/02- I just sold the truck and removed all the goodies, (with less weight this thing really flies now) and just bought a 2002 silverado p/u short-bed 2wd reg cab w/ 5.3 vortech. Will be modifying soon...
SOLD TRUCK, hated to let it go. Bought a 2002 silverado brand new!
This entry was last updated on
Monday April 7, 2003 at 12:07 AM EDT
This page was last updated on Sun Aug 4 15:56:30 EDT 2013.