- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST has annihilated the quarter mile in firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (email@example.com) and Billy Mitchell's S-10 (6.73@217).
- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST broke through the eighth mile beams with a 4.29@172.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Neal Light's S10 (4.350@164).
- Neal Light's Chevy S10 is the holeshot champ, taking only 1.019 seconds to cross the 60' mark on Slicks.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are mike jones sr.'s s-10 (1.02 on Slicks) and Gary Soulages's Lightning (1.072 on 10.5).
2000 Mercedes-Benz ML320
This truck is currently ranked 1368th out of 1395
That makes it quicker than 2% of the other trucks here.
Compared to the rest of the DragTruk field, this particular truck is: Parked
|Best 1/4 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 1/8 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 60 ft: ||
2.550 on Stock Dunlops
3.2 Liter 3-Valve Twin-Plug
5 Speed Automatic
Silver 2000 model ML320. Purchased new in May 2000. This thing is as close to bone-stock as you can get, with the only performance mod being the removal of a small, plastic restrictor in the airbox. Yes, it's pretty slow, although the trap speed is somewhat high, indicating some performance potential. For felonious speeding, we use my husband's SVT Lightning anyhow (see entry under Benzo Mike).
- Burl Walnut (ML 430) Shift Knob
- Intake Manifold Smoothed, Polished, And Painted (Black/Clear)
- Mercedes Cargo Tray and Winter Floormats
- Airbox Restrictor (Snorkel Adaptor) Removed
As you can see from the PATHETIC 60-foot time, this vehicle can do a good bit better. Despite being full-time 4WD, this thing doesn't launch for crap, due to the silly fly-by-wire throttle. Brake-torquing it with the transmission locked in first gear helped some, but I forgot to turn off the traction control. It spun the front/driver side wheel right out of the hole, and the ESP clamped down and spoiled the party. With brake-torquing and the ESP off, I think that this thing has a 2.3-second 60-foot in it and perhaps a 16.7-ish time in very good air. I did G-Tech it once with the temperature below zero, and saw times around 16.0, so it definitely likes good air. Manually shifting at 6200 RPM in all gears but first (5900 RPM) seems to work best.
It's not a shock that this is the only Benzo on this list.
This entry was last updated on
Tuesday November 11, 2003 at 5:47 PM EST
This page was last updated on Sun Aug 4 15:51:26 EDT 2013.