- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST has annihilated the quarter mile in email@example.com.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Billy Mitchell's S-10 (6.73@217).
- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST broke through the eighth mile beams with a 4.29@172.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (email@example.com) and Neal Light's S10 (4.350@164).
- Neal Light's Chevy S10 is the holeshot champ, taking only 1.019 seconds to cross the 60' mark on Slicks.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are mike jones sr.'s s-10 (1.02 on Slicks) and Gary Soulages's Lightning (1.072 on 10.5).
1996 GMC (5350lbs!) Sierra 3dr 4x4 PU
This truck is currently ranked 871th out of 1395
That makes it quicker than 38% of the other trucks here.
Compared to the rest of the DragTruk field, this particular truck is: Getting out of its own way
|Best 1/4 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 1/8 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 60 ft: ||
2.026 on 255/70R16 4HI
CHECK OUT THE ADDED MOVIES :)
1996 GMC K1500 4x4 Ext. cab pu. 3dr, w/5.7 vortec eng., 3.73 gears, bedliner, weight: 5100, w/driver 5,350lbs. Engine is stock internally with 123,000 miles!
- Vortech V1-S Supercharger (8lbs boost) used ebay $1200!
- Ed Wright programing (no TC lockup in 3rd at WOT
- No torque management bog after 1-2 shift)
- Built 4L60E tranny (will handle 700+ HP): http://www.pacific-audio.com/performance/messages/173474.html
- 160 T-Stat, Dual elec. 150 flex-a-lite radiator fans
- Whipple 454 air cleaner w/10" K&N (Huge!) 4" intake hose
- BBK 80mm TB, Adapter and intake match ported as well
- Power Crank Pulley (stock alt pulley)
- Thorley Headers w/2.5" to dual 3" car sound cats
- Magnaflow 4" Diesel muffler, 4" mandrel bent tailpipe
- 5" SS exhaust tip
- GMS MAF sensor
- Crane Cams Fireball HI-6R Ign. w/map adj timing
- Crane LX Coil
- Procomp Traction Bars (no wheel hop!)
- Rancho 9000 shocks and air adjuster
- 2" suspension lift Rancho add-a-leaf + torsion lift
- LT285/75R16 32.7" tires (slowed truck .2 seconds!)
- homemade water injection 60/40 water/alk mix (no pinging!) Was replace with a Ford 7.3L turbo diesel intercooler
- NGK TR6 Spark Plugs (indexed)
- Powertrex "no-slip" locker
- Tonneau Cover (fabric/alum construction, Lund Elite)
- Weight Savings:
- No Rear Bumper 67lbs
- No Trailer Hitch 45lbs
- No Spare Tire and Wheel 75lbs
- No Spare Tire Holder 5lbs
- No Spare Tire tools or box 10lbs
- No Manual Fan, Cluch or Shroud 35lbs
- Swap 16" rims/D rated 285 tires for 15" Weld rims/C rated 33" tires 92lbs savings!
- Added Weight:
- Vortech V1-S Supercharger 50lbs
- Procomp traction bars 30lbs
- Steel 8x16" rims (Blades) 28lbs
- Dual Elec 150 Fans 30lbs
- 3" PA Body Lift with Gap Guards 20lbs
- Wheel well height: 41" front, 42" rear!
- Just installed :) Intercooler off a 7.3L turbo diesel...here is the tech article I wrote...lots of pictures!
- http://220.127.116.11/~admin6/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12897 I also have several sets of 3" tubing available, check my ebay ads: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kctrading
- MAFT+ so I can advance the timing and adjust fuel.
- Vortech Super FMU
- My track movies:
- (This was with bigger 33" tires at 1100feet)
- (Blowing away a 1990 350 IROC)
- Currenty having Wheeler Motorsports build a all forged bottom end on a late model block which will be a 383 with all 4340 forgings....wonder what another 150HP will do to the quarter mile? With 10psi of boost should be in the low 13's high 12's
- Replace Corvette TC with Built TC with 2.5 to 3.0 STR
- 1.5 Ratio Roller Rockers and heavy single valve springs.
- 9 psi pulley (max stock injectors/fmu will handle!)
- Install MF2 fueler with 160 lb injector (good for 15psi of boost)
- Check out our website for movies and lots of pictures!
- see website address above
Broke cast nose off...related to older Vortech system running extra crank adapter and pulley which puts more stress on end of crank...Vortech does sell a bracket kit to convert it to a single belt system like on there new systems...$220
Stock 0-60mph was 10 seconds, Best 0-60mph is 5.39 sec based on 1/8 mile run: ( http://www.teamnabr.com/0-60_equation.html ) 1/4 mile: 8lbs of boost= Oct.-2001 Carlsbard Calif. Raceway 15.2 @ 92mph!( real bad wheel hop hot engine after 3 hr drive, 90+ deg day, water/alk was 130 deg, now insulated! Also had smaller 3" exhaust system then and no procomp traction bars). 1/4 mile (8psi boost) as of 1-13-02 at Fontana California Speedway 14.47 @92.26 mph..This run was with 285/75R16 tires. Elevation is 1300 feet.
Carlsbad Calif. Raceway 2-16-02 firstname.lastname@example.org...running 255/70R16 tires here plus elevation is only 600 feet. Biggest power increase came from adding dual 3" cats and 4" exhaust system as there was not that much of a power increase when going from 6psi pulley to 8psi pulley with the 3" exhaust system!
Best races was against a 90's Corvette on the freeway! When we got a long break in traffic I sayed behind him from 65mph to 110+ he could not pull away from me :) Same thing with a 1998 BMW M3 :) Man I need some Z rated tires! :)
This entry was last updated on
Friday October 23, 2009 at 7:24 PM EDT
This page was last updated on Sun Aug 4 15:47:24 EDT 2013.