- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST has annihilated the quarter mile in email@example.com.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Billy Mitchell's S-10 (6.73@217).
- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST broke through the eighth mile beams with a 4.29@172.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (email@example.com) and Neal Light's S10 (4.350@164).
- Neal Light's Chevy S10 is the holeshot champ, taking only 1.019 seconds to cross the 60' mark on Slicks.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are mike jones sr.'s s-10 (1.02 on Slicks) and Gary Soulages's Lightning (1.072 on 10.5).
1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab
This truck is currently ranked 925th out of 1395
That makes it quicker than 34% of the other trucks here.
Compared to the rest of the DragTruk field, this particular truck is: Getting out of its own way
|Best 1/4 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 1/8 ET @ mph: ||
|Best 60 ft: ||
1.930 on drag radials
bone stock engine
All factory options for that year of truck. Above 1/4mile, 1/8mile and 60ft times on the same run, .661 reaction time, barometer = 30.35 on above run. I have 39,500approx. miles on truck. I have over 100 passes down the 1/4 mile. Truck weighs 3975lbs at Moroso car weight scale. I remove the tailgate and spare tire.
All modifications have or will be installed by my bestfriend and myself.
- Star Boards running boards (Dealer installed)
- Tinted Windows (a must in Florida)Removal of stock R/T Decals "Dodge" replaced with "MOPAR" on TailgateStock R/T rims painted Black with multicolor metalic flakeClear Turn signal lenses up frontBacklit Ramhead hood emblem on hoodHeadlight blackoutsEngine is stock.14 X 3 K&N Air Cleaner Assembly750cfm TB(modified stock from Magnum Performance - Texas)Mopar Headers (Tri-Y Design)Mopar Performace ComputerTrue dual Exhaust with twin H-pipes into 2 Walker Ultra FlowsElectric Black Magic Flexalite FanMSD-6AL with MSD WiresChampion Truck PlugsModified 46RE to 47RE standards with high performance red clay clutches and thicker bandswith waveless clutch pack retaining rings, also I can now tow in OD with no worry2500 Stall ConverterCustom Shift Kit (2 Shift kits into one, Level 10 and Transgo to get the shift I wanted)Lakewood Traction bars with custom snubber setupSlotted Front Brake Rotors with ceramic pads and new brake fluid in entire system (Dot 5)275/50/15 BFG Drag Radials on Dakota Sport rims (used at dragstrip)Shorter accessory belt (to bypass the ac and power steering at dragstrip)
- Conversion to Durango Rear Brake Drums - cheaper to do than rear disk brakes, just as effective
- Competition quality stereo and multimedia system (installed by me)
- Bedliner or Bedrug
- Fiberglass cover flush with rear finders
- Nascar truck series style spoiler on tailgate
- Rollpan with exhuast exits
- Stillen Front Bumper Cover
- Chrome Speed Grill inserts
- Custom Hood - maybe?
- Custom lowering/handling kit(not hotchkis kit)
- Mopar Aluminum Tranny Cover with drain Plug
- Mopar Aluminum Valve Covers (match the tranny cover or vise versa)
- M-1 intake manifold
- R/T Heads with 2.02 intake and 1.65 exhaust valves (full port and polish job)
- Felpro Lockwire Head Gaskets (future Supercharging)
- Erson Cam - .525 lift - intake and exhaust 220 duration at .050
- Custom Fuel Rails
- Balanced Injectors (19lbs) - Hughes engines says stock injectors are good to 500hp applications
- 1.6 Roller Rockers with Guides
- using all existing mods plus...
- New 4 Core radiator?
- Vortech SC at 12lbs of boost (already own the sc unit)
- Custom (shadetree) intercooling??
- New short block
- Stroked Crank - 360 at .30over plus stroker crank = 408ci of tire frying torque
- Custom Computer for Engine and Fuel Management
- 50hp shot of NOS to cool things off
- Something to do with rear suspendsion (to handle new hp and torque)?
I LOVE this truck!
This entry was last updated on
Monday December 17, 2001 at 11:23 AM EST
This page was last updated on Sun Aug 4 15:42:23 EDT 2013.