- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST has annihilated the quarter mile in email@example.com.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Billy Mitchell's S-10 (6.73@217).
- Chris Cadotto's DODGE DODGE RAM SST broke through the eighth mile beams with a 4.29@172.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are Gary Soulages's Lightning (email@example.com) and Neal Light's S10 (4.350@164).
- Neal Light's Chevy S10 is the holeshot champ, taking only 1.019 seconds to cross the 60' mark on Slicks.
- In 2nd and 3rd place are mike jones sr.'s s-10 (1.02 on Slicks) and Gary Soulages's Lightning (1.072 on 10.5).
Jeff Harper Ph.D.
1990 Mazda Familia
This truck is currently ranked 162nd out of 1395
That makes it quicker than 89% of the other trucks here.
Compared to the rest of the DragTruk field, this particular truck is: A real neck snapper
The truck is an all-steel 1990 Mazda Familia 'mini pick-up' which was for sale only in Asia and Australia. It is about 4/5 the size of a Chevy S10. It has a 98 inch wheelbase. Weight, as raced: 2000 pounds wet.
- 525 RWHP.
- Toyota "1.5JZ" 3.1 liter (196 cu. in.) DOHC, four valve, inline 6.
- Toyota 2JZ short block with 1JZ cylinder head (ported).
- 2JZ intake manifold and TB (modified to fit 1JZ head).
- Holset HX40 single turbocharger, local Thai stainless header.
- 800 cc SARD injectors (102 race gas used).
- MicroTech LTS-12X ECU (fuel & DIS ignition mapping)+ dash unit.
- Bosch coils (6) with Crane Cams low-res plug wires.
- HKS 264 intake and exhaust cams, stock 2JZ valve train parts.
- HKS 55mm wastegate with Blitz boost controller - 0.9 bar.
- Local Thai intercooler.
- Wiseco forged 87mm pistons.
- Stock crank and rods.
- All ARP fasteners and bolts.
- Toyota A342 auto trans (3 gears only).
- Racing valve body by MV Automatics (Australia).
- 4200 stall converter by MV Automatics (Australia).
- Racing clutches and steels (7).
- Electronic (mappable) trans controller by PCS.
- Narrowed Nissan 1-ton end, spool, big truck axles, 4.10 gears.
- Wilwood brakes, Nissan rotors.
- 2" X 3" back-halved chassis, standard leaf springs.
- 12-point roll cage.
- Rancho 9-way R-9000 shocks.
- Stroud chute.
- Local Thai 'CalTrak'- style lift bars.
- CE wheelie bars.
- ConvoPro wheels (15X4 and 15X10).
- Goodyear drag fronts and 10.5X15 'outlaw' slicks.
- Autometer gauges and tach.
- Impact Racing belts and helmet.
- NO NOS!
- Ford 9 inch rear.
- 'Spragless' trans internals from MV Automatics (Australia).
- Trans brake valve body from MV Automatics (Australia).
I have raced this truck in Bangkok, Thailand for the last 5 years. There is a new, world class drag strip here that is tons of fun to race at. I run in either 10.9 or 11.9 second 'super' style brackets. I launch with a button at only 2400 rpm (against locked rear brakes) and the PCS trans controller shifts it at 5500 or 7200 rpm, depending on the class. I run only 0.9 bar (12 pounds) of boost on 102 race gas to get 10.70 e.t.s at 133 mph with 1.70 60-foot times . . . and consistent back-to-back runs needed to win at the super classes. I went 25 rounds in a row within 0.07 seconds last season for several wins.
This entry was last updated on
Wednesday April 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM EST
This page was last updated on Sun Aug 4 15:41:52 EDT 2013.